6.28.2010

Silkscreen process 01

Color separations. Even though they're all black, I could imagine the color after they printed. The top one is going to be Pink.
Love love love Grey that I made! no white and black in it! Making cool Grey color was the most difficult thing for me for the past two years! :P and now I can see myself as an expert of making the awesome Grey which is my favorite color! :)
While I was printing, I mostly put (or threw away) some color test papers and trial squeezes on the floor. (and I cleaned completely after I finished as Goody Two Shoes. )
Pink color separations printed!
Green color printed! I realized that the boy's hair couldn't be the same green because he is Blondy Mr. Bartlett! so it made me make another yellow separation after this. The unexpected situations sometimes happened in the World of Silkscreen which I SHOULD love... :P

I was expected to see finished this piece by today, but printing three color separations were enough for a "weak" vegan girl.
Mostly, before printing the line color at last, I couldn't really see how much the final work successfully done.
That's why Silkscreen is much harder medium than others. (Of course... there is another evil existed whose name is Etching!!)
Sometimes Silkscreen pigments felt like using Watercolor somewhat. It because of they are both water-based?...
And cruelly it never allowed the artists to make any mistakes....

Well, I hope you enjoy seeing my working process.
I made the hardest work plan for this whole week!
And, seems like I started right today.
yay? :D

ps. I'm so fall in love with Coconut milk & ice cream these days!!! (and I'm trying to take B12 everyday. Thank you.)
  • Dairy Free / Lactose Free
  • Soy Free
  • Gluten Free
  • Rich in Medium Chain Fatty Acids
  • Excellent Source of Vitamin B12 (vegetarian friendly)
  • Formulated for Maximum Calcium Absorption
  • Cholesterol Free
  • No Trans Fats
  • Certified Vegan

No comments: